The 2021-22 Caltrans Efficiencies Report
For Fiscal Year 2021-22, Caltrans is reporting $314 million in total efficiencies, with $124 million counting towards the SB 1 efficiencies goal. Check out the latest Efficiencies Report to learn more.
State funding provided by Senate Bill 1 (SB 1) and Federal funding through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) represent landmark opportunities to build a safe, resilient, and equitable transportation future.
IIJA project spotlight
Need money for safety improvements?
$1.18 billion federal funding available with the Safe Streets and Roads for All (SS4A) grant program! See our SS4A flyer for resources, tips, and how to apply. Applications are due July 10th!
Who is eligible for grant funding?
- Counties, cities, towns, transit agencies, and other special districts that are political subdivisions of a state.
- Metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs).
- Federally recognized tribal governments.
SB 1 project spotlight
Projects by region
You may want to know how funds are being used in your back yard, or understand the geographic regions of the state that are impacted by ongoing projects.Explore the map
Areas of Impact
- Reduced climate impact
- Reduced traffic delays
- Efficient movement of goods
- Increased safety
- Improved equity of access
- Increased jobs and employment
- Safe active transportation facilities
- Financial stewardship